My first creation for thingaweek is a lolcat Viewer. I found lolcatz when they originally appeared on the internet and since then I've saved the ones that I like. Fast forward a couple years of doing this and I now have a library of a couple hundred lolcatz.
I wrote a simple java program that displays the images in my library. When you click the mouse in the window, it selects a random lolcat. I also included keyboard shortcuts for viewing.
- Space - displays a random lolcat
- Right - displays the next lolcat (numerically from my library)
- Left - displays the previous lolcat (numerically from my library)
- Down - displays the last lolcat viewed (chronologically)
- Up - displays the next lolcat viewed (chronologically)
- Q - quit the program
I will try to find a way that I can post the source code so people can download and try it.